80 g sugar (I’ve used cane sugar, but you can replace it with anything)
120 g flour
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
75 g butter
4-5 blood oranges (actually you can change it for any other seasonal fruit)
For the oatmeal topping:
50 g butter
20 g sugar (optional)
50 g oatmeal
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, grease a baking pan, and dust with flour.
2. Mix the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Then add the melted and cooled butter (75 g).
3. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Gently mix the dry ingredients with the egg-sugar-butter mix, and pour everything into the baking pan.
5. Peel the oranges, cut them into medium-sized slices, and colocate them on top of the cake batter.
6. Melt the other 75 g of butter and whisk it with the sugar and oatmeal. Sprinkle the mix on top of the fruit.
7. Bake it for 40-45 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes clean.
8. Let it cool for 15 minutes before demolding and cutting it if you can wait.
9. Enjoy! 🙂😋
COLOURS OF SPRING
@throughherkitchenwindow @miss_blackbirdy @blueberrybackdrops
@foodphotobiteswithritu @playfulcooking @woodraw_studio
#bakefromscratch #eatprettythings #foodflatlay #whatsfordessert #foodstylingandphotography #onmytabletoday #mykitchenstories #eatcaptureshare #stilllifephotography #bakestagram #mutimitsütsz #bakegoods #bloodorange #oatmealcake #monochromaticphotography